[cairo] Re: Proposal: Splitting cairo.h for the backends

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Wed Jan 19 15:16:06 PST 2005

On Wednesday 19 January 2005 2:40 pm, Calum Robinson wrote:
> As long as the image backend doesn't require cairo.h to #include
> <pixman.h> (which would need to be #include <Cairo/pixman.h> in the Mac
> OS X framework build) then that should be fine from the Mac build's
> POV.

Or we could do something like Freetype2 does, and code the include paths as
macros in a separate header file that is built as part of configuration:

cairo.h (wherever):

#include <cairo_config.h>  /* assumes on INCLUDE path */
#include CAIRO_MAIN_H
#include PIXMAN_H

cairo_config.h (generated by configuration):

#define PIXMAN_H <Cairo/pixman.h>
#define CAIRO_MAIN_H <Cairo/cairo_main.h>

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/