[cairo] New little cairo demo

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Sat Jan 22 22:35:10 PST 2005

Hi,

I was playing around with cairo and came up with this little example.  I
though it might be interesting to add to cairo-demos or something.

I was wondering, though, about the cairo_current_path() and
cairo_current_path_flat() functions.  Don't you typically want to start
a new path when you call these functions?  What I'm doing in this
example is to call cairo_new_path() in the first callback and then set a
flag in the closure.  This is also what the warpedtext.py [1] example
from the pycairo module does.  One suggestion is to add a flag to the
API to clear the path before doing the callbacks, another is to just
always do this.  My gut feeling is that the "call new_path and set a
flag" will be a common pattern with this interface and could be avoided
with a little tweaking.

cheers,
Kristian

[1]