[cairo] Qt example in cairo-demo

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Wed Jan 26 06:29:02 PST 2005

On Wednesday 26 January 2005 04:51, dirk.schoenberger at sz-online.de
wrote:
> Is there any chance that you enhance it further, e.g. to the
> following: a QCairoPainter class which provides a C++/Qt binding for
> Cairo, hopefully with convenience methods which make it QPainter
> source compatible. Some QCairoPaintDevices, e.g. a QCairoWidget for
> screen rendering and a QCairoPrinter which is used for printing / PDF
> generation?

For Qt3 I'm not going to be doing that because iirc Fredrik already
implemented it.
I know he also started doing the same for Qt4 and had a very nice
example comparing the quality of rendering between cairo_path_t and
QPainterPath. Personally I've been thinking about porting the Mozilla
code to Qt4/Cairo and once I'll have some spare time to do that I'll
probably need a QPaintEngine using Cairo to draw the Qt style elements
for themed widgets on pages so If Fredrik wasn't finished - I'll finish
it.

Zack

--
Failure is not an option. (It comes bundled with Windows.)