[cairo] new trapezoid code in glitz

Bill Spitzak spitzak at d2.com
Thu Jan 27 13:25:36 PST 2005

David Reveman wrote:

> "non-intersecting" was the wrong word. By "non-intersecting" I meant; no
> pixel is intersected by more than one trapezoid.
>
> So in my previous mail:
> "non-intersecting" = no pixel is intersected by more than one trapezoid
> "intersecting" = at least one pixel is intersected by more than one
> trapezoid
>
> Sorry for any confusion this might have caused.

Actually I am still confused.

I'm pretty certain that "intersecting" includes trapazoids that are
close enough together that their antialiased pixels overlap, even though
they in reality do not overlap if drawn at infinite resolution. Is this
correct?

PS: Ignoring this case and drawing the trapazoids one after the other is
VERY common, in fact so common that lots of programs rely on the
incorrect result being produced. For this reason it may be necessary to
ignore it as well.