[cairo] cairo-ft-font.c naming cleanup

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Wed Jul 13 13:30:10 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 12:47 -0700, Carl Worth wrote:
> Here's a small patch that renames things in cairo-ft-font.c to use
> more consistent namespacing, (eg. add missing "cairo" to several data
> type and functions).
>
> The patch isn't that interesting, (no functional changes and no impact
> on public API), but is posted here since I know multiple people are
> currently working on cairo-ft-font.c in various ways, (Owen and myself
> at least).
>
> Owen, if we can commit this soon, that would be great. Otherwise, I
> can rework the hash table patch I'm almost ready to post so that it
> doesn't assume that this patch has already been applied.

For the cairo_unscaled_font_t => cairo_ft_unscaled_font_t change:
the API that you are changing is all stuff that is currently planned
(and was originally planned) to be moved to be backend independent.

But even if it wasn't planned to move - we really don't do public
subclasses for functions that work on subclasses, for instance:

FT_Face
cairo_ft_scaled_font_lock_face (cairo_scaled_font_t *scaled_font);

Or:

void
cairo_pattern_add_color_stop_rgb (cairo_pattern_t *pattern,
                                  double offset,
                                  double red, double green, double blue)

Inheritance of structures isn't something we expose in the public API.
While this is private API, my tendency is to design private APIs along
similar principles to public APIs.

The other renames? Well, it's your code base, you get to pick the
conventions.

(What's there now is a mix between cairo conventions, my modifications
to cairo conventions, and what was there when I picked up the source
file.)

Would I happier if renames were done when I didn't have a bunch of
outstanding changes? Of course. But resolving conflicts probably won't
take more than 15 minutes for me if you think committing now is going to
make the cache changes easier.

Regards,
						Owen