[cairo] patch for using XCopyArea when possible

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Thu Jul 14 23:08:40 PDT 2005

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 22:46:07 -0700, Vladimir Vukicevic wrote:
> The attached patch makes the xlib surface's composite implementation
> use XCopyArea when possible; it can probably be used in a few more
> cases as well.  Specifically, if there's a 1-bit mask, we can also use
> XCopyArea, but that case isn't handled by this patch.

Thanks! This will be a very handy improvement to have.

The patch looks just fine to me.

One addition I would like to see is a test case in cairo/test that
exercises this new code path, (if there's not something that happens
to be getting it already). Otherwise, I don't think we have much of a
hope of improving the coverage of the test suite like we need to.