[cairo] Font options patch, first draft

Torsten Schoenfeld kaffeetisch at gmx.de
Mon Jul 18 15:50:34 PDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-18 at 18:08 -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:

> [API proposal]

I just a minor language-bindings related comment.

> ===
> /* Stores surface options into @options, overwriting any existing
>  * options.
> void
> cairo_surface_get_font_options (cairo_surface_t      *surface,
>                                 cairo_font_options_t *options);
> ===

I'm not sure this would map well to languages with namespace support:

  $surface->get_font_options ($options);

Getters usually don't modify their arguments -- they just return
something.  I'm not really able to come up with a better name right now,
but I think it should be something with 'merge', 'update', 'overwrite'
or something along those lines.

--
Bye,
-Torsten