[cairo] ARGB text patch

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Thu Jul 21 11:49:09 PDT 2005

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 14:26:05 -0400, Keith Packard wrote:
> Carl wrote this code weeks ago, and I spent a few hours merging it with
> otaylor's bitmap font support and other patches.
>
> Please take a look and see if it's sensible.

> +		/* XXX: Need to do byte-swapping here, right? */

This still needs to be done. The patch needs to at least add an item
to TODO, BUGS, or ROADMAP here.

> +	/* XXX: Need to check this code to make sure it allows size-0
> +	 * surface with NULL data. This eliminates a lot of NULL
> +	 * checks later. */

I just checked this and it looks fine to me. This comment should be
eliminated.

> +	    /* XXX not a complete set of flags */

What does this mean?

> +    /* XXX assume X server wants pixman padding */

And this?

> +    /* XXX: This is not thread-safe. Xft has example code to get
> +     * per-display data via Xlib extension mechanisms. */

This comment is actually just something pre-existing that I
noticed and not a bug in the new code in the patch. The new
screen_info stuff in Owen's latest patch could provide a safe way to
do this, but this should just be disappearing with the cache
rewrite. Fine to ignore for now.

So, given suitable answers to the items above, I don't see why this
patch shouldn't go in.