[cairo] Getting started

Vladimir Vukicevic vladimirv at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 01:51:36 PDT 2005

On 7/24/05, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at cs.toronto.edu> wrote:
> Thanks Vlad,  but I'm not sure that's quite the reason here.  As
> I said, I'm mostly drawing rectangles, and so offsetting .5, .5
> makes sense, but I'll play with it more to see wether not drawing
> any lines helps.

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood -- when you mentioned that you were gettig
two-pixel-wide blurred lines I assumed you were drawing individual
lines.  I think you want to translate by +0.5,+0.5 instead of
-0.5,-0.5, though I don't think that would explain the slowdown (just
maybe an off-by-one in your rendered output).  Other than that, I'm
not really sure what to suggest, other than maybe stepping through
cairo_stroke() and seeing where you deviate from the optimized paths
(usually indicated in comments).

      - Vlad