[cairo] Cairo 0.5.0 problem compiling - libiconv_open erro

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Thu Jun 9 07:26:49 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 11:49 -0700, Doug wrote:
> When I try to compile the new cairo 0.5.0, I get the
> error
> Undefined Symbol          first referenced in file
> libiconv_open
> /usr/local/lib/libfontconfig.so
> libconv
> /usr/local/lib/libfontconfig.so
>
> Any ideas as to what could be causing this as my old
> cairo version compiled and worked.  I am on Solaris
> 2.8 on a sparc

What it sounds like is that you have a stray iconv.h from
libiconv around your system somewhere, but maybe deleted
the accompanying library since you last used Cairo.

I don't think libiconv should be needed on Solaris 2.8
(which has iconv built in) so you probably can just find and
delete the header and rebuild fontconfig.

Regards,
						Owen