[cairo] cairo_rectangle and clipping -- doesn't work?

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Mon Jun 13 08:46:49 PDT 2005

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 16:15:08 +0100, "Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro" wrote:
>   I have discovered that cairo_rectangle() followed by cairo_clip()
> doesn't seem to work for clipping to a rectangle.  I had to manually
> construct a rectangle using move_to and a bunch of line_to's. This is a
> bit unexpected.  Is it a known limitation, or a bug?

That would be a bug, and something I've never seen before. Various
tests in the test suite use cairo_rectangle(); cairo_clip();
successfully.

Can you provide a minimal test case that demonstrates the bug?

The other things that makes this behavior quite surprising is that the
implementation of cairo_rectangle is nothing more than a move_to and a
bunch of line_to's. Specifically:

    cairo_move_to (cr, x, y);
    cairo_rel_line_to (cr, width, 0);
    cairo_rel_line_to (cr, 0, height);