[cairo] path rendering methods in cairo

Alexander Macdonald lists at alexmac.cc
Sun Jun 19 10:36:59 PDT 2005

Hi

I asked this on the irc channel last night but I guess most people were asleep
since I didn't get a response.

I'd like to know how cairo deals with path rendering. I assume cairo splits up
paths into a set of simple convex polygons before giving them to the backend? If
someone could give a brief explanation of what happens and some pointers to the
right functions in the code to look at that would be great. Also any links to
papers describing the algorithms used would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex