[cairo] Gdk-ERROR with cairo 0.5.1, not with cairo 0.5.0

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Tue Jun 21 07:23:34 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 22:48 +1000, Nigel Tao wrote:
> Running svgspacewar (patched as in previous e-mail) with the 0.5.1 snapshot gives me the error below, but it's fine with 0.5.0.  Any ideas?  Ubuntu 5.04's X server, with gtk+-2.7.0, what else do you need to know?
>

> ~/devel/cairo-demo/svgspacewar> ./svgspacewar
> Gdk-ERROR **: The program 'svgspacewar' received an X Window System
> error.
> This probably reflects a bug in the program.
> The error was 'BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)'.
>   (Details: serial 386 error_code 8 request_code 72 minor_code 0)
>   (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
>    that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
>    To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
>    option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
>    backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
> function.)
> aborting...
> Trace/breakpoint trap
>

> If I run ./svgspacewar --sync, then I get "serial 711" rather than "serial 386", but everything else is the same.

The point of --sync doing it under a debugger and giving us a
backtrace :-)

If you could attach 'xdpyinfo' output that might be useful as well.

The problem here is *presumably* that the Xlib fallback tiling code is
trying to run when the source and destination drawables are of different
depths (or different screens?) but there is supposed to be code in
there to prevent that.

Regards,
						Owen