[cairo] svgspacewar patch for cairo0.5.0, gtk2.7.0

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Jun 21 12:40:46 PDT 2005

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 09:34:25 -0700, Carl Worth wrote:
> For what it's worth I notice that svgspacewar runs at about 400 frames
> per second at its default size. Then, if I scale the window at all, it
> drops down to about 5 fps.

I found an unnecessary cairo_rectangle;cairo_clip; that was in place
for all the drawing in svgspacewar. When scaling the window this was
obviously not going through the clipping fast path.

I've committed a change to eliminate that clipping and the frame-rate
vs. window size profile seems to be much smoother now.

Things still aren't perfect as their still seems to a size above which
the frame rate drops from about 200 fps to about 30 fps. That could be
related to where the X server is deciding to store things, but I'm
just guessing.