[cairo] svgspacewar patch for cairo0.5.0, gtk2.7.0

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Jun 22 11:32:02 PDT 2005

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:45:05 +1000, Nigel Tao wrote:
> Removing the clip does change the behavior when the window is re-sized

Oops. I cheated there.

> Having said that, I think I like the sans-clip-rectangle look (the
> current CVS version) better.

No, you're just being lulled into that by the better performance. ;-)

I've just committed a patch that does the clipping, but keeps the good
performance. The trick to doing this is to make sure that rectangular
clips align on pixel boundaries. And the easiest way to guarantee that
is to do the cairo_rectangle;cairo_clip before calling cairo_scale.

See what you think of things now.

> Finally, another svgspacewar patch, since I forgot to port my
> save/fill/restore/stroke code to fill_preserve/stroke.

Ah, yes. Much better. Committed.