[cairo] Scrolling/Copying

tim at teulings.org tim at teulings.org
Thu Jun 23 05:45:34 PDT 2005

Hello!

(I'm sending the same question again, since the last mail didn't had a
subject and was a little bit short (and I did not get an answer) ;-)).

I'm writing a GUI library (illumination.sourceforge.net). I recently started
adding support for Cairo as a backend driver. Naturally I have some
scrolling widgets that I implemented using XCopyArea for copying the
visible, moving areas to reduce drawing overhead by avoiding a complete
redraw. Now I'm searching for an equivalent method using Cairo. How would I
do this? Create a surface from a visible area and draw it back? Would this
be performant? Is there a better solution?

--
Gruß...
      Tim.