[cairo] Scrolling/Copying

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu Jun 23 12:11:06 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 19:30 +0200, Tim Teulings wrote:

> I tried that. But it only worked partially. It worked if y2-y1 was
> negative (in my test x1 and x2 are equal), but the output looked
> destroyed if y2-y1 was positive.

That's a longstanding bug.  The current Render implementation doesn't
handle overlapping source/dest at all.  Same for the software drawing
code in cairo itself.

We can work around this particular bug by using core rendering for this
particular case; it would have the advantage of better performance on
most X servers.  There is similar code in the cairo drawing code we
could use for the software case.

-keith