[cairo] svg_cairo_get_size problem

Jason Dorje Short jdorje at users.sf.net
Fri Jun 24 11:19:36 PDT 2005

Carl Worth wrote:

> If inkscape makes it hard to avoid mixing px and absolute units, I
> would recommend taking that bug up with that project.

I don't actually know what is causing the original bug.  I didn't make
either of these images, I found them on the sodipodi clipart collection.
 I'm using them in my project so I can fix them if needed.  But note
that if libsvg-cairo were used in mozilla (for instance) the programmer
wouldn't be able to do anything about a "bad" svg file.

Actually the problem is even worse than I thought, because 90 DPI isn't
a safe assumption either (although it's better than 100 DPI).  According
to http://www.w3.org/Style/css2-updates/REC-CSS2-19980512-errata.html ,
the 90 DPI value was an error and is going to be "corrected" to 96 DPI
at some point in the future.

Probably some of this explanation should be added as comment at the
point where the DPI is initialized in libsvg.

-jason