[cairo] cairo pattern/glitz patches

David Reveman davidr at novell.com
Wed Mar 2 15:19:51 PST 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 17:38 -0500, Carl Worth wrote:
> On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 23:25:50 +0100, David Reveman wrote:
> > In this case, we discussed changing the code from the known fast method
> > to using a few mallocs And we wouldn't really make the code any cleaner
> > either, so changing to using malloc for temporary patterns seems like a
> > bad idea.
>
> Fair enough.
>
> > Something like this?
>
> This looks great.
>
> > Suggestions?
> >
> > I like it, and it shouldn't be too hard to get my patch converted to
> > this. I'll do that asap, if we decide that this is the way we want to
> > go.
>
> I like it too. And with Kristian, that means we've now got 3-for-3
> approval from the people that have been commenting on this thread.
> So go for it.
>
> And, looking back at the list of as-of-yet-uncommitted patches:
>
> 	cairo-pattern-type-change-1.diff
>
> This is what we're discussing here. Once you've got it switched to the
> new style, please commit.

ok, I'll do that.

> 	libpixman-add-trapezoids.diff (to libpixman)
>
> This one looks fine. I'm in the middle of some libpixman cleanups
> today, so I might get around to this myself. Don't wait for me if you
> need it though.

If you're doing pixman cleanups you might want to have a look at my
filter update and pad/reflect patches that were attached to this mail:

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/cairo/2005-February/003189.html

I've attached the patches to this mail as well. The filter update patch
should be fine, we already got that stuff in xserver, but it wouldn't
hurt if you looked through it.

> 	cairo-glitz-update-1.diff
> 	cairo-surface-remove-backend-attrib-funcs-1.diff
> 	cairo-mask-as-pattern-1.diff
> 	cairo-pattern-mask-acceleration-1.diff
> 	cairo-glitz-mask-acceleration-1.diff
>
> These all look fine to me. Pleas add ChangeLog entries and commit.

great!

-David