[cairo] [patch] API Shakeup, setters and getters

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Mar 9 12:45:26 PST 2005

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 09:57:27 -0500, Carl Worth wrote:
> > On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 01:48:40 +0100, Øyvind Kolås wrote:
> > > Attaching a patch towards current CVS to achieve the suggested
> > > API.
>
> 	cairo_get_current_point
>
> is probably the name that is most consistent here.

I've committed the patch, with the change to use
cairo_get_current_point instead.

I also added a bunch of documentation. I tried to get all the
cairo_get functions, and I did a few other functions in cairo.c while
I was there.

I took advantage of the DEPRECATE macro we have inside cairo to create
function aliases, and I added a pre-processor hack to cairo.h.
Together, these changes allow old binaries and old source to be used
without changes.

When we get to the API Shakeup flag day, we will rip out all of this
backwards-compatibility support.

Oh, I neglected to add new test cases for the getters. I'll do that
now. (And we should do that for each of the new API proposals.)