[cairo] API Shakeup wrapup: The plan going forward

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Mar 9 18:10:47 PST 2005

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 06:34:12 -0800, Keith Packard wrote:
> Stick 'em on a branch and let us test them. Landing them from there is
> less scary.

Will do if needed.

Looking at the list of changes, most of the big stuff that will need
good testing is new functions that we can just commit straight to
HEAD.

And most of the backwards-incompatible changes that I want to wait on
are simply eliminating function calls, (which won't require
interesting testing).

So we may get by this time without creating any branches[*].

-Carl

[*] Yes, avoiding branches is only a feature because CVS branch
support is so lame. And, yes, I am aware of alternatives to CVS. And,
no, I don't want to consider switching just now.