[cairo] Mac Tiger Core Image

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 07:35:45 PST 2005

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 10:17:09 -0500, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:
> And, for any of this stuff, rather than looking at some other API, I'm
> much more interested in hearing from users of cairo that have tried to
> do something and wished cairo provided something more.

Do we have anyone trying to implement a photoshop like app on top of
cairo? Cairo doesn't have a lot of users currently so the sample size
may not be large enough to know the true needs. Presentation packages
also use the effects as transitions.

Feature comparison check lists in the press can be very damaging even
if most users never use the features. I expect to see many articles
comparing the three environments. If it is easy to add a check list
item it is worth doing it just to keep the press from complaining that
it isn't there. Implementing the features in another library is fine
if the base layer can support the library.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com