[cairo] Re: simulating partial coverage with alpha

mental at rydia.net mental at rydia.net
Thu Mar 10 20:13:13 PST 2005

Quoting Bill Spitzak <spitzak at d2.com>:

> My main complaint is that a bunch of people are thinking the
> solution is to have a global switch called "turn off
> antialiasing". This is NOT what is wanted and is in fact totally
> counter-productive. It does not allow me to draw a polygon with
> *some* edges aliased. Please don't do this!

Bill, as far as I can tell our requirements are different, and our
proposed solutions are not mutually exclusive...

How would the implementation of (e.g.) a per-context or per-surface
"antialiasing" flag prevent the implementation of the proposed
aliased_lineto?

I understand the purpose of aliased_lineto and I do not oppose the
idea, but it is not sufficient for my own needs.

-mental