[cairo] Re: simulating partial coverage with alpha

MenTaLguY mental at rydia.net
Fri Mar 11 19:47:55 PST 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-11 at 00:49, Bill Spitzak wrote:
> I am just unconvinced that anything else is needed other
> than the lineto (and the 0-width stroke setting).

As noted in my previous post, augmenting fills with strokes is not a
viable option in the presence of translucency.

On the other hand, I don't understand how aliased_lineto would be useful
for text or paths with curves[1].  I don't think you mean to suggest I
should pre-tesselate all the text and shapes myself?

-mental

[1] c.f. the PostScript fragment from my earlier post