[cairo] API Shakeup: Abbreviation hunt: cairo_init_clip and cairo_concat_matrix

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Thu Mar 17 11:18:22 PST 2005

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 13:52:55 -0500, Carl Worth wrote:
> > How about cairo_transform() or cairo_transform_by() or
> > cairo_transform_by_matrix()?
>
> I like cairo_transform, and it fits in quite well with cairo_scale,
> cairo_rotate, and cairo_translate.
>
> But, then, there's potential confusion with cairo_transform_point,
> cairo_transform_distance, etc.

Today Øyvind pointed out to me that he has always had a hard time
getting the right function from among the four choices of

	cairo_transform_point
	cairo_transform_distance
	cairo_inverse_transform_point
	cairo_inverse_transform_distance

So, we talked about replacements that would be more clear, (and on
almost all cases shorter), and came up with:

	cairo_user_to_device
	cairo_user_to_device_vector
	cairo_device_to_user
	cairo_device_to_user_vector

And changing this would free us up to rename cairo_concat_matrix to
cairo_transform as discussed above.