[cairo] cairo_scale_font/cairo_transform_font()

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Sat Mar 19 10:03:20 PST 2005

I don't really like the way that scale_font() and transform_font()
work currently:

 - Having set_font_name() or select_font() change the font matrix
   back to the identity strikes me as a weird side effect.

 - The fact that there is no explicit way to reset the
   font matrix to the identity means that you have to call select_font()
   or set_font_name when you want to change just the size.

 - Less important: the fact that set_font_name() changes the scale
   means that optimizing out a change to the same font in
   cairo_gstate.c is harder than it should be. (You can't just
   drop gstate->scaled_font when the font scale changes.)

What if we just had:

 cairo_set_font_size()
 cairo_set_font_matrix()

Make sense?