[cairo] cairo_select_font() (was: cairo_scale_font/cairo_transform_font())

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Sat Mar 19 10:59:18 PST 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-19 at 19:45 +0100, Øyvind Kolås wrote:

> > But if there was a getter, it would not change with the CTM. The CTM and
> > font matrix are entirely independent entities.
>
> Ok, this would make it possible to act upon the current font object
> from a binding. I'd also like to split out the components of the
> "FontName", making a coding style like:
>
> cr.font.name = "Sans"
> cr.font.slant = Cairo::FONT_SLANT_ITALIC
> cr.font.size = 12
>
> possible in for instance the ruby binding.

There's no cr.font, just

 cr.font_name
 cr.font_size

Conceptually, cr.select_font ("Sans", ITALIC, NORMAL);

 cr.font_name = Cairo::FontNameSimple ("Sans", ITALIC, NORMAL);

And we could expose the FontNameSimple constructor. Making
FontNameSimple mutable, however, would be somewhat difficult with my
current implementation plans.

Regards,
						Owen

(Yes, I know cairo_font_name_t is confusing, but I don't want to start
using some other term until we come to an agreement. cairo_face_t is
my current favorite.)