[cairo] development question

Ross McFarland rwmcfa1 at neces.com
Thu Mar 24 20:48:18 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 21:59, MenTaLguY wrote:
> What are the best approach(es) for building and testing things with a
> development build of pixman+cairo, without replacing my system's
> pixman+cairo installations?
>
> At present I can't think of anything that doesn't involve some very
> awkward mucking with include+linker paths, but I would imagine the
> hardcore folks here have found convenient approaches that work for
> them...

you can set the following:
	PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$HOME/local/lib/pkgconfig
	LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$HOME/local/lib
	export PKG_CONFIG_PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH

and then configure modules to install as such:
	./configure --prefix=$HOME/local

when compiling simple programs with stuff in $HOME/local, set the
following:
	CFLAGS=`pkg-config --cflags cairo`
	LOADLIBES=`pkg-config --libs cairo`
before building.

there are much more elaborate setups, but the above should work for most
situations.

--
-rm
http://www.neces.com/