[cairo] Does Cairo have software-surfaces?

Linuxhippy linuxhippy at web.de
Sun Mar 27 11:39:08 PST 2005

Hi there!

I am quite new to Cairo and I think its an rather interresting library,
quite cool ;-)

I have only delt toll now with the Java2D library which is also quite
powerful (and FAST!!) and it has so-calles BufferedImages which I would
need for my next project, which are surfaces in system-memory which can
be accerlated in VRAM under some circumstances, but act from the
programmer's point of view like any other surface (e.g. all drawing
methods, blits etc. are possible).

Is this also possible with cairo, and how can I do this?

Thank you in advance, lg Clemens