[cairo] API Shakeup: Eliminating cairo_show_surface

Carl Worth cworth at redhat.com
Tue May 3 13:09:36 PDT 2005

On Tue, 03 May 2005 16:11:13 -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:
> But what's the use for the scaling you expect?
>
> The scaling you expect is non-intuitive from the perspective of the way
> paths and clip regions work.

Not necessarily. I could be drawing something like this, right?

	cairo_set_source_surface (surface, x, y);

	cairo_scale (cr, sx, sy);

	/* create path */

	cairo_fill (cr);

But I don't have much of an argument that this is more than a
contrived example. All I have to back it up so far is a pair of test
cases where I was trying to draw the same thing in two different
ways. So I don't have much intuition behind this example, (since I was
deliberately attempting different orders of operations to stress the
code). But there's at least _some_ intuition in what I expected the
results to be.