[cairo] Cairo API is all shook up (was: API Shakeup: cairo_create and eliminating cairo_set_target_surface)

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri May 6 13:51:31 PDT 2005

On Thu, 05 May 2005 17:29:31 -0400, Carl Worth wrote:
> Finally, this is The Big One as far as API Shakeup patches go. This
> one will break every cairo program that has ever been written. So, I
> plan to commit this at approximately the same exact time as the other
> recent patches that also break things, (removing deprecated functions,
> re-ordering the cairo_operator_t enum, etc.), which should get us
> more-or-less to what we'll need for the cairo 0.5

I just committed this patch along with the simplifying-the-operator-set
patch and the remove-deprecated patch.

This does mean that every cairo program I'm aware of is now broken,
(except for the few in cairo/test). So don't update cairo from CVS
until you're planning to fix things up.

I'll be fixing up the cairo-api-update script now and testing it on
cairo-demo and committing as we go.

I'll follow up more in the 1.0 release planning thread.

Have fun out there!