[cairo] xlib re-re-re implementing the API

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue May 17 11:23:33 PDT 2005

On Tue, 17 May 2005 11:10:00 -0700, Keith Packard wrote:
> diff doesn't include new files...

But "diff -N" does, (and "cvs diff" does if you add the file first,
which obnoxiously requires server write access though it should be a
local-only modification).

> > > +    /* XXX this is wrong */
> > >      if (image->depth > 16)
> > >  	bitmap_pad = 32;
> > >      else if (image->depth > 8)
> >
> > What's the right fix here?
>
> I'm sorry, I just punted for now.  The bitmap_pad is specified in the
> image format and must match that.  libpixman uses a bitmap_pad of 32 in
> all cases, but some X servers may differ.

No worries. The bad code was there already and was likely my fault. I
was just curious to know what the right fix was.

> There's no need to add the 'set_size' Note in the _for_bitmap case.  If
> you have a 1-bit window, then you have a visual for it and should use
> the visual function.  The _for_bitmap function is strictly for depth-1
> bitmaps to be used as masks in some fashion.

Ah, I had wondered about that. I'll fix it.