[cairo] non-ascii output

Carl Worth cworth at redhat.com
Tue May 17 16:15:14 PDT 2005

On Tue, 17 May 2005 19:06:47 -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:
> Note problems with font metrics. Better than nothing, perhaps, but don't
> expect things to "just work".

Yeah, I left off my standard cairo_show_test disclaimer:

Implementation of the features described herein shall not be perceived
as serious claims concerning the performance of cairo_show_text and
related APIs. These APIs are toys and should not be employed in
industrial use. Users of cairo_show_text use it at their own risk with
no guarantee of lovely glyph positioning or proper layout. As with
most toys, these toys will break if handled inappropriately. Users are
cautioned to exercise restraint in their expectation of performance
from these and other toys. Play nice. Be fair. Don't shoot your eyes
out.