[cairo] Patterns and Stroking

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Mon May 23 07:06:27 PDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-05-22 at 13:32 +1200, Jonathan Roewen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to use patterns with stroking? And if so, how would
> that work exactly? For example, to draw a bevel around an arbitrary
> path for the stroke, could that be done with a pattern and stroking?

Patterns work with stroking. The model is simply that the stroke is
converted into a path, then that path is filled with the pattern.

I have some code for beveling arbitrary paths around that works by
reimplementing a simple stroker then filling each segment individually
with a gradient.

It needs some work, but if I get it cleaned up a bit, I'll post a link
to it here.

Regards,
						Owen