[cairo] Re: new clipping change patch

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Wed May 25 12:26:21 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 14:59 -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:

> There's nothing fancy about the intended algorithm ... leaving aside
> the optimization mentioned above, what it is supposed to do is return
> a rectangle which is the bounding box of the intersection of:
>
>  - The surface extents
>  - The clip region
>  - The extents of the clip surface, if any. (surface->clip.rect)
>
> (Careful, you can have *both* a clip region and a clip surface)
>
> _cairo_gstate_clip_extents() could do all of that itself. It didn't
> before and still doesn't.

Ok, so now that I've changed _cairo_gstate_get_clip_extents, this
appears to leave _get_mask_extents looking like:

    /*
     * XXX should take mask extents into account, but
     * that involves checking the transform...  For now,
     * be lazy and just use the destination extents
     */
    return _cairo_gstate_get_clip_extents (gstate, extents);

right?

-keith