[cairo] Two problems with windows

Christof Petig christof at petig-baender.de
Fri Nov 18 03:44:46 PST 2005

Johannes Berg schrieb:
> On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 10:35 -0800, Boris Popov wrote:
>

>>Am I the only one seeing messages from Carl come through as attached
>>ForwardedMessage.eml with another attachment in form of ATTxyz.txt that
>>contains the actual text of his message? I'm on Thunderbird, but I
>>haven't seen this happen to any other email on the list.
>

> I would guess so. I don't :) But then, there are more people than just
> you and me (though Carl himself probably sees them correctly too)

Carls messages are PGP/MIME signed. As are Owen Taylors. AFAIK mozilla
should display the text if you check "show attachments inline".

Since both of them are powerful maintainers of widespread libraries and
publicly visible persons, I _like_ to have their statements signed.

Quoting the Netiquette (from memory): Usually you should not sign
messages to a public internet forum (this is not agreed upon). But if
you do, you should use PGP/MIME so that archivers can easily separate
message and signature.

PGP/inline is ugly but I fall back to it if I know that the recipient
uses Outlook and is less computer literate.

I started signing my mails once a worm sent Neonazi spam from my forged
address. SPF might cure that in ten years ...

   Christof