[cairo] XDBE

Jim Gettys jg at freedesktop.org
Wed Nov 23 02:34:37 PST 2005

The fedora folks have been experimenting with this using the Sync
extension.

Basically, you can create a simple convention that tells the window
manager when the application is at a good state to display the window.

This, in concert with composite, eliminates all distracting intermediate
drawing from being visible to the user.
			Regards,
				- Jim