[cairo] cairo errors under Solaris 9

Greg.Dunkel at mail.cuny.edu Greg.Dunkel at mail.cuny.edu
Wed Nov 30 15:59:19 PST 2005

Thanks Carl,

I found a libXrender package in freedesktop.org that I tried to build but
failed  on a good old "undefined symbol" error.  Using the Xrender.h in
that package I was able to compile cairo but couldn't link it because I am
missing libxrender.

Has been quite an experience in working with Xwindows and an up-to-date GNU
tool set.  I will go back to my sys admin duties and wait for the tar ball.

If needs push, there is always Lynux with much more up-to-date
distributions.

/geg

                      Carl Worth
                      <cworth at cworth.or        To:       Greg.Dunkel at domino1.cuny.edu
                      g>                       cc:       cairo at cairographics.org
                                               Subject:  Re: [cairo] cairo errors under Solaris 9
                      11/30/2005 06:13
                      PM

Ewww... don't do that.

>  in cairo-xlib-surface.c to solve some of the unknown symbols problem.
But
> I still got the following  undefined symbol errors.
>
>  Does anybody have any suggestions on how I can get around these problems
> and build cairo on Solaris 9.

It looks like you have a missing or out-of-date version of the Xrender
library. The configure script is intended to find this for you, so
there may be a bug there if it didn't say anything about it missing.

You can download the latest version of Xrender as a modular library
from x.org. Here are some notes on working with modular X libraries
from CVS:

             http://wiki.x.org/wiki/ModularDevelopersGuide

The imminent release from x.org should also provide a single tar file
from which you could download and install Xrender.

-Carl
(See attached file: attishj2.dat)