[cairo] Linking to Cairo 1.0.2 statically (Win32)

Doodle doodle at scenergy.dfmk.hu
Wed Oct 12 06:18:08 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I was speaking about Cairo with one of the Mozilla contributors, and he
said that the main Mozilla guys are quite against building Mozilla in
that way that it would link to Cairo dynamically. They want to link to
it statically, to avoid version mismatch problems.

Now, what happens then with Cairo 1.0.2 on Win32 platforms, where all
the required mutexes are initialized only from the DllMain() function,
which will never be called in case of statical linking?

I know that most of you are against the idea of having a global library
initialization and uninitialization function pair, but I think that this
is again a problem which shows that they are required.

What you people think about it?

Bye,
   Doodle (who has the same problem with Cairo on OS/2)