[cairo] Patch: fix subpixel BGR/vRGB rendering

Frederic Crozat fcrozat at mandriva.com
Thu Oct 20 00:36:06 PDT 2005

Le mercredi 19 octobre 2005 à 08:44 -0700, Carl Worth a écrit :
> On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 16:15:08 +0200, Frederic Crozat wrote:
> > > And independently, something else that would help here would be a
> > > failing test case for cairo/test that this patch fixes. That kind of
> > > thing always makes it much easier for me to accept a patch.
> >
> > I've just updated my patch to modify subpixel text rendering testcase so
> > all 4 possible subpixel rendering mode as tested (instead of just RBG
> > mode).
>
> Thanks, that's helpful.
>
> Could you also separate out the independent bug fix, (as described by
> David Turner), and provide a fails-without-the-patch test case for
> that?

Unfortunately, there is not testcase for David Turner problem : it was a
problem with the way cairo was using freetype. At first, we thought it
was that which was causing misrendering in cairo (with freetype 2.1.10)
but we later discovered it was a real bug in freetype (which was fixed
by Owen btw :). So, what I could do is to separate code cleanup from
subpixel BGR/vBGR rendering and only apply the BGR/vBGR patch to stable
branch (but we don't know if we won't hit freetype problem in the future
by keeping the freetype flags mix spotted by David).

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat at mandriva.com>
Mandriva