[cairo] GTK Apps crash in fbFetch on Tektonix X-Term

Nate Byrnes nate.byrnes at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 07:10:33 PST 2005

Hello,
	I recently upgrade to dropline gnome 2.12. In this release, it seems
that Pango was upgraded to include pangocairo.  After the upgrade my
Tektronix X-Term could no longer present the GDM greeter.  As I
troubleshot I discovered that the GDM greeter process was segfaulting.
I then tested running various X apps from the server with my DISPLAY set
to the X-Term. X apps that didn't use Gtk seemed to work, where
Gnome/Gtk apps were crashing.  I then did a dependency comparison (which
seems unnecessary now) to find common libraries. Then I used gdb to run
the applications. All the applications were segfaulting on a call in
libcairo. I have included the gdb output below.  Please let me know how
I can help fix this (my wife is the primary user of the X-Term and is
less than thrilled with my "upgrade").
	Regards,
	Nate

ps. The Gdk-CRITICAL errors always seem to occur, even when the program
is working.

(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/bin/gcalctool
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
[New Thread -1226205504 (LWP 16343)]
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
Bonobo accessibility support initialized
GTK Accessibility Module initialized

(gcalctool:16429): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_window_invalidate_rect:
assertion `window != NULL' failed

(gcalctool:16429): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_window_invalidate_rect:
assertion `window != NULL' failed

[Switching to Thread -1226205504 (LWP 16343)]
0x00000000 in ?? ()
(gdb) up
#1  0xb75f735d in fbFetch (pict=0x81fac98, x=0, y=0, width=10,
    buffer=0xbff97118) at fbcompose.c:2673
2673    fbcompose.c: No such file or directory.
        in fbcompose.c