[cairo] SVG backend patch - update

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Fri Sep 2 18:49:03 PDT 2005

>>>>> "Jason" == Jason Dorje Short <jdorje at users.sf.net> writes:

Jason> I notice the default DPI is 300.  This should be changed to 90;
Jason> see http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/syndata.html.

The spec actually says that the target pixel size should be the
equivalent of 90 dpi at arm’s lenght, and goes on to specify a
nominal arm’s length of 28 inches.

I don’t know about anyone else, but I don’t beleive I’ve ever had 28
inches between my eyes and my monitor when actually interacting.

In fact I just measured 15 inches while positioned for typing.  That
would indicate about 168 dpi per the spec’s calculations.

They also suggest each nominal pixel use 5x5 when printing to a 600
dpi printer.  That of course makes for 120 dpi.

I’d suggest somewhere in:  96 ≤ dpi ≤ 150.

-JimC
--
James H. Cloos, Jr. <cloos at jhcloos.com>