Cairo exports and more (was Re: [cairo] Re: Munging header files for export (and other) attributes)

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Sun Sep 4 14:18:40 PDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-04 at 17:15 -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:

>  * In terms of the makefile.msc stuff ... it obviously quite
>    specific to a particular build setup; see things like
>    !INCLUDE $(TOP)\glib\build\win32\make.msc. I tried for a little
>    while to get things going, but got frustrated enough with trying
>    to work in the windows command prompt (blech) that I gave up.
>    It was easier to create project files from scratch for
>    visual studio.
>
>    To make hacking on cairo "attractive" to people using MSVC, there
>    seems to be two constraints:

     [...]

I forgot to finish what I was saying, which was that while I don't think
the .msc makefiles are a full solution, I think it makes sense to get
them into the tree ... might as well have *something* there.

Perhaps we should include the relevant parts of build\..\make.msc in the
cairo tree to avoid having GLib be a build dependency of cairo?

A short document describing how to set up a build using this stuff would
be quite useful.

Regards,
						Owen