[cairo] Building cairo on Win32

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Sep 6 16:40:57 PDT 2005

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 14:27:42 +0200, "Salevsky, Sascha" wrote:
> I would like to contribute a D3D backend which seems fairly simple
> to implement. But I'm a little bit lost in building the library on
> Win32. Maybe someone can contribute a VS.NET workspace with all
> libraries needed? The build instructions on
> http://cairographics.org/win32 aren't really helpfull.

This is definitely something that needs to be addressed.

Fortunately, it is a problem that is being worked on right now.

I know of at least one person who is currently working through a win32
build for the explicit purpose of documenting it on the win32 web page
above.

Meanwhile, you may notice some active traffic on the mailing list
regarding making the win32 build easier/better supported. So hopefully
this situation will be improving soon.