[cairo] Re: Munging header files for export (and other) attributes

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Sep 6 16:47:25 PDT 2005

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 16:30:29 +0100, Mike Hearn wrote:
> Here's a slightly off-topic request to do with the header files: if you
> modify macros in the headers such that the dependencies of code compiled
> against them would change, can that be protected with a CAIRO_TARGET
> define?

Is the desire here to allow applications to be compiled against
version 1.y of cairo but then run against version 1.x with x < y ?

If so, is there actually a compelling need for this?

I would think that the easiest way to guarantee that an application
could be run against cairo 1.x would be to build against 1.x.

That said, I don't actually anticipate the specific case here ever
actually occurring in practice, (a macro later turning into a
function). And we could make it a policy issue to never do that.