Cairo exports and more (was Re: [cairo] Re: Munging header files for export (and other) attributes)

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Thu Sep 8 08:32:19 PDT 2005

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 09:41:06 +0200, Doodle wrote:
> However, the synchronization objects are not leaked, because they
> are cleaned up in the DLL unload branch of DllMain().
>
> To solve the initialization race, I think the only clean solution
> is to introduce new cairo_initialize() and cairo_uninitialize()
> functions,

Can't you just do mutex creation in the "DLL load branch of DllMain" ?

I don't want to add yet another public function call that must be
called before cairo can be used. We're already at a two function call
minimum, (cairo_surface_create and cairo_create), which is already one
more than I originally wanted.