[cairo] User font feature

Stuart Parmenter stuartp at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 16:25:39 PDT 2006

On 4/9/06, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at cs.toronto.edu> wrote:
>   - We may use a struct instead of passing ten methods to a
> function, that works too.
>
> /* cu stands for cairo_user here */
>
> cairo_public cairo_user_font_class_t *
> cairo_user_font_class_create (cairo_text_to_glyph_func_t,
>                               cu_font_face_create_func_t,
>                               cu_font_face_destroy_func_t,
>                               cu_scaled_font_create_func_t,
>                               cu_scaled_font_destroy_func_t,
>                               cu_scaled_font_extents_func_t,
>                               cu_scaled_font_glyph_extents_func_t,
>                               cu_scaled_font_show_glyph_func_t,
>                               cu_scaled_font_glyph_path_func_t,
>                               cu_font_class_destroy_func_t,
>                               void *class_data);

Please be careful here.  If we decide to add more APIs to font
backend, what will this API do?  Will we be able to change this API?
Can we do this in a way that doesn't require basically exposing the
font backend?  (maybe not..)  Just want to be careful we don't get
stuck with something we don't want down the road...

stuart