[cairo] Cairo and WinCe image drawing

Marco Manfredini mldb at gmx.net
Wed Apr 12 04:45:33 PDT 2006

On Wednesday 12 April 2006 11:39, Stefan Klug wrote:
> The problem is, that it's rather slow.
> (Dragging a fullscreen image should be possible at 24fps but I get
> around 5fps (no exact measurement))
> I'm only drawing untransformed images at integer positions.
> The main bottleneck seems to be the transfer of imagedata to the target
> surface.

This looks to me like a flaw in the image transfer routine. ARM (and MIPS)
implementations usually have very weak support for 8 and 16 bit memory
access, which can result in horrible performances for naively coded or ported
loops. Do you have the choice to try an image transfer route that does 32 bit
memory access only?

Marco