[cairo] Re: cairo gradients

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Apr 19 14:21:47 PDT 2006

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 10:29:14 -0700, Eric Anholt wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-04-19 at 13:22 +0200, David Reveman wrote:
>
> > Except for the undefined behavior, gradients works fine in Xgl. However,
> > I'm not sure they work correctly in the non-xgl branch of Xorg.
>
> I've mentioned this on IRC, but at least EXA drivers will segfault
> pre-7.1 with server-side gradients.

So, post-7.1 both David's favorite and Eric's favorite X
server/drivers (XGL and EXA) should work fine. Anyone know the status
of other X server/drivers?

I want the performance improvements, but I'm a little nervous about
unleashing bad crashes here.

I suppose there's only one way to find out though...