[cairo] Re: cairo gradients

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Thu Apr 20 13:24:29 PDT 2006

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 09:32:43 -0700, Eric Anholt wrote:

> Gradients work fine in XAA currently (thank you Lars for providing a
> rendercheck test so I could see!).  I don't think we have any other
> DDXes doing Render stuff.

Thanks so much for testing this and giving this feedback! I'm so glad
to see rendercheck being worked on so actively now.

I wasn't exactly sure what you meant by "pre 7.1" for the buggy EXA
gradients though. Here's the buggy_gradient blacklisting code that
David provided:

	surface->buggy_gradients = FALSE;
	if (strstr (ServerVendor (dpy), "X.Org") != NULL) {
	    if (VendorRelease (dpy) <= 70000000)
		surface->buggy_gradients = TRUE;
	} else if (strstr (ServerVendor (dpy), "XFree86") != NULL) {
	    surface->buggy_gradients = TRUE;
	}

Can you suggest the change necessary to make this correct for EXA?

Is there any way cairo can easily distinguish the DDX to do
finer-grained detection here? Or do we just have to key off of
ServerVendor and go with the latest-known-good VendorRelease across
all DDXes?